Raw Raspberry Roulade with Coconut Cream
Luscious roulade made with light and puffy dough, filled with sweet raspberry marmalade and coconut cream is AH-MAZING.
It’s more fresh than sweet, so it is perfect for you if you are not a fan of those rich and sweet desserts. I love both kinds, though. This is just too good to be true! :)
I used tigernuts for the dough. Have you ever come across them? I recently tried them for the first time and they are really yummy. Plus they are much lower in fat than other nuts! Well, they technically aren’t really nuts, but tubers. They are crunchy, sweet and have a ton of nutritional benefits.
I first tried mixing them in the food processor like every other nuts, but they are a little bit to hard for that. I would have to soak them first. But blender does a good job with grinding them into a powder! ;)
I used the coconut meat that I had in the freezer because it doesn’t make any difference if you use fresh or frozen. And it’s always great to have it in the freezer, right?
Anyway, let me show you how it’s done. ;)
- 1 cup (100 g) tigernuts
- 2.5 cups (300 g) dates, pitted
- 2 cups (150 g) dried apples
- 2 cups (250 g) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups (150 g) young Thai coconut meat
- ¼ cup water
- ⅛ tsp vanilla powder
- Blend the tigernuts in the blender until they are finely ground.
- Transfer them to the food processor, add the dates and mix until the dough becomes sticky.
- Place baking paper on the surface area.
- Spread the dough on it. You can help yourself with an adjustable rectangle frame for cakes. It should be approximately 7 x 11 inch (28 x 20 cm) big.
- Mix dried apples in the food processor until finely ground.
- Add raspberries and mix for a few minutes until a cream forms.
- Spread onto the dough.
- Mix coconut meat in the food processor and slowly start adding the water. Add vanilla powder and mix until a smooth cream is formed.
- Spread on top of the raspberry cream.
- Just roll it up and decorate with coconut flakes and fresh raspberries.
- Bon apetit! :)
P.S. Want to see behind-the-scenes of making this recipe? Check out my vlog channel where I post daily videos about everything that I do. ;)